Knowing everything about WordPress
First, let us start with exactly what it is
WordPress (WordPress.org) is a free and open-source Content Management System (CMS) written in PHP and paired with a MySQL or MariaDB database. It is that it’s free, open-source software. Beyond that, you can also find lots of open-source plugins and themes to change how your website looks and functions.
WordPress.org was also known as self-hosted WordPress.
Its huge ecosystem of themes and plugins:
- Themes – these primarily change how your website looks.
- Plugins – these primarily change how your website functions. Plugins can be something small, like a contact form, or huge, like creating an e-commerce store.
Features Of WordPress
- It Is Easy To Install – WordPress software itself is free, you need a domain name and web hosting to install it. A domain name is the address of your website on the internet. Web hosting is your website’s house where all your website files are stored.
2. It is SEO Friendly – It is written using standard compliance high-quality code and produces semantic markup.WordPress sites tend to rank higher than others in search engines.
3. It is Easy To Manage – It comes with a built-in updates management system. This allows you to update your plugins and themes from within your WordPress admin dashboard.
4. It is Safe and Secure – It is developed with security in mind.it is considered to be a very safe and secure platform to run a website.
5. It Can Handle Different Media Types – It is not just limited to writing text. It comes with a built-in media uploader to handle images, audio, and video files.
6. It Is Flexible
7. It’s Easy To Find Help
Things that come in mind while developing a website
What do I need to build a website?
- A domain name – this is the name of your website such as google.com
- WordPress hosting – this is where your website files are stored.
- 45 minutes of your undivided attention.
How much does a website cost?
The answer to this question really depends on what kind of website you are trying to build. A typical business website can cost as low as $100 per year and can go as high as $30,000 per year.
Which is the best website platform?
There are many website builders available that will help you set up a website.
It is the most popular website platform in the world. It is free and comes with thousands of website designs and extensions. It is extremely flexible and works with almost every third-party tool and service available to website owners.
TO know how to create an effective WordPress website follow the link WordPress.org